Clapotis-Mer charter services offer full board private yacht holidays in the most beautiful Bahama islands on board luxury, fully equipped and crewed cruising catamarans, sailing yachts and schooner rigged sailboats.
Sailing Adventures in the Out islands of the Bahamas
The Bahama islands lie off the southeast coast of Florida and to the north of the Greater Antilles. The Bahamian culture is rich and varied. The Bahamas have many attractions.
Here are our suggestions for the best yacht charter locations for your sailing holiday in the Bahamas:
- The exterior islands of the Bahamas are still lightly populated and largely unexplored. The Bahamas make an outstanding yachting destination for those who are looking for unique sailing holidays in the sunny Caribbean islands. The most beautiful Bahama islands can be reached by short passages in idyllic sailing conditions.
- Nassau located on New Providence Island is the Bahamian capital and Harbour Island lies to the northwest of Eleuthera island in the Bahamas. Harbour Island has long pink sand beaches and crystal clear warm waters on the east coast. The west coast has several marinas. Devil’s Backbone is a shallow coral reef on the north end of Eleuthera, to the northeast of Spanish Wells. Dunmore Town features bright British colonial-style houses.
- The Exumas are a Bahamian archipelago comprising more than 360 islands that spread over about 130 miles. The Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park is a protected marine reserve. It is famous for its outstanding yacht anchorages and beautiful marine life. The Exumas are the first national park in the Bahamas and the largest in the Caribbean. You can hike to the loyalist ruins on Hawksbill Cay.
- George Town is a lively seaside town on Great Exuma Island and a popular holiday location. Exuma Airport is located about 15 miles northwest of George Town which is an excellent place to start a sailing trip to the Exuma islands in the Bahamas.
- Staniel Cay is home to just a hundred people. and a favourite stopover location for yachts on a sailing excursion to the Exumas in the Bahamas. Here you can drive a golf cart to the Staniel Cay Yacht Club for dinner.
- Horse Shoe Bay is a protected anchorage located on Highbourne Cay and is an ideal sailing area with great snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking and the ultimate gateway for yachts heading for the Exuma Cays. You can go by dinghy boat to nearby Allan’s Cay and Leaf Cay where you can see the iguanas. Allan’s Cay is rather like the Galapagos but in Bahamian style.
- Norman’s Cay is largely unspoilt and home to an impressive variety of vegetation and native birds of the Bahamas. Norman’s Cay and its neighbouring islets are one of the most beautiful and fashionable locations to charter a yacht in the Exumas, Bahamas. You can dive or snorkel in shallow, clear and calm water at low tide. stroll along Twinkie Beach and collect pretty seashells.
- Great Guana Cay is one of the largest anchorages in the Exumas and offers a genuine holiday adventure experience in the Out Islands of the Bahamas. Black Point Settlement is a friendly quaint little town where you can feast on Bahamian cuisine.
- Shroud Cay is a secluded island in the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park. It is an uninhabited archipelago of cays with sheltered coves, white-sand beaches and mangroves to explore by dinghy. Here’s a haven for conch, lobster, sea turtles and different types of marine life.
- Rose Island is a small island in the Bahamas that lies 3 miles east off the main port of Nassau on New Providence Island. Here you can go on a sailing excursion to secluded coves and four beaches: First Beach, Mac Taggart’s Beach, Footprints Beach, and Sandy Toes. The quiet anchorage on the northern side of the island is an excellent overnight stop on your cruise.
- The Abacos are made up of a large group of islands and are perfect sailing grounds for an adventure sailing charter in the north of the Out islands of the Bahamas. They comprise the main islands of Great Abaco and Little Abaco, along with a myriad of small cays and are ideal for island hopping sailing, snorkeling and scuba diving. Hope Town is a quaint village on Elbow Cay and has a famous lighthouse that you can visit. It is a popular yacht holiday location in the Abaco Islands. Tahiti Beach is a lovely area where you can walk along the beach and swim in the beautiful waters. As part of your cruise you can visit Great Guana Cay, No Name Cay and Green Turtle Cay to see the sunset at Sundowner’s. Feed the turtles in Coco Bay before sailing to White Sound to visit the historic Man- O- War Cay and anchoring at Tilloo. The descendants of the original Loyalist settlers living in Marsh Harbour carry on their grand old tradition of boat building.
- Bimini is the closest Bahama Out Island to Miami. The Bimini islands have beautiful, white-sand beaches, a fascinating history and mysterious legends. Cruise to North Bimini where you can see the Bimini Road (a submerged alignment of square stones which resembles a road to the Lost City of Atlantis) through the clear blue water. Sail out to the amazing Fountain of Youth and swim in the shallow pools on South Bimini. East Biminin is known for its healing water springs. Martin Luther King and Ernest Hemingway found inspiration while sailing and fishing off the Bimini islands.
- Grand Bahama is the most northerly island in the Bahamas. Xanadu Beach is located on its southwestern coast and Port Lucaya marketplace in Freeport is interesting and well worth a visit. Set sail for Peterson Cay, one of the smallest National Parks in the Bahamas. You can also visit the Rand Nature Centre and the Lucayan National Park near Freeport on Grand Bahama island.
Clapotis-Mer an expert in yachting holidays offers all inclusive exclusive boat charters in the Bahamas on board luxury, fully equipped and crewed sailing catamaran yachts.
The crew provide complete on-board care and have separate accommodation. Tasty Bahamian cuisine is cooked and served on board.
Our boat charter holiday packages include the services of two crew (Captain and Cook Hostess), full board (3 meals a day per pers), yacht running costs including fuel, mooring fees, bed linen and bath towels and the use of on-board water sports available on board, fishing and snorkeling activities. The charter fee does not include 4% tax in Bahamas, ship’s bar drinks, shore excursions and airport transfers.
Here are some examples of the boats you can charter for your holidays in the Bahamas via our cruise agent services.
Fountaine Pajot 60 ft Sailing Cataraman
Fountaine Pajot 60 ft Sailing Cataraman
Clapotis-Mer yacht cruise specialists offer affordable all inclusive private boat charter holidays in the Bahama islands aboard this fully equipped and crewed sailing catamaran.
Start sailing from Nassau to visit the Bahamas. Alternatively you can head for the Bahamas from Staniel Cay in the Exumas or Marsh Harbour in the Abacos.
The shaded aft cockpit provides a great wrap around dining area with a teak deck floor. You can relax and sunbathe on the trampoline deck.
The bright boat’s interior is fully air conditioned and decorated with wood finishes. The boat’s saloon has seating with settees, as well as music entertainment, TV and movies. There is accommodation for up to six guests in three double cabins fitted with queen size beds and en suite shower and bathroom facilities with electric flush.
Water sports include a dinghy boat with a 60 HP out board engine and two Stand Up Paddle Boards
Lagoon 62 ft Sailing Catamaran
Charter this fully equipped and crewed sailing catamaran from Clapotis-Mer yacht cruise specialists. She is a brand new boat built in 2019. Start your exclusive full board yacht charter from Nassau and sail around some of the most attractive holiday locations in the Bahamas. The yacht will be in the British Virgin Islands or St. Martin and St. Barts areas from November to April and the Grenadines from July to October.
On deck you can sunbathe in the cushioned flybridge area and enjoy the beautiful Bahamian island scenery as your boat sails by. Swim and dive in this beautiful area from the transom and use the fresh water deck shower. The yacht’s interior is bright and fully air conditioned. The lounge is a cosy area where you can relax and move directly to the sheltered outdoor aft cockpit where tasty Bahamian meals are served. On-board entertainment and amenities include TV and movie collection, stereo, iPod devices and WiFi internet connection. There is an ice maker and a water maker.
This version of the boat offers more space downstairs. There’s accommodation for eight guests in four double cabins each fitted with a queen size bed. The starboard aft master cabin has a vanity set and opens onto the cockpit area. The port aft cabin has similar cockpit access. All guest cabins have a TV, dressing storage, en suite bathroom and shower facilities. Bed linen, bath and beach towels, toiletries and bathrobes provided. The crew of two (Captain and Cook/Hostess) have a separate cabin and facilities.
Water sports and boating activities include a dinghy with 60 HP outboard engine, snorkeling gear, two seater glass bottom kayaks, two Stand Up Paddle Boards, fishing tackle gear, two underwater sea scooters, a towable water tube and wakeboard.
Privilege 65 ft Sailing Catamaran in Bahamas
This fully equipped sailing catamaran is available for crewed yacht charter with full board meals in the Bahamas though Clapotis-Mer Yachting Holiday Services. Start your cruise from Nassau and visit some of the most exciting places in the Bahamas. The boat will be based in the Bahamas from mid April to the end of May. After that she’ll be in the St. Martin and St. Barts areas until the end of July, and the San Blas islands and Bocas del Toro in Panama from August to mid-October. During the winter the yacht will be available for charter in the British Virgin Islands or in the Bahamas.
She has recently been completely renovated. You can relax and sunbathe using the foredeck’s beanbag cushion pillows and enjoy the picturesque scenery of the Bahama islands from the boat. The crew serve tasty Creole and Bahamian cuisine in the cockpit dining area. A BBQ grill at the boat’s stern is great for night time party dining.
The interior is fully air conditioned and features fine wooden furniture. The airy and cosy saloon has a cushioned seating area and opens onto the outdoor cockpit. On-board amenities include a TV (in the main lounge and the cabins), stereo and CD player, iPod dock, on board internet WiFi, a water maker and an ice maker.
The yacht provides comfortable accommodation for eight guests in four spacious cabins. The Master suite has a king size bed and the three double suites all have queen size beds. Each cabin has en-suite bathroom facilities with electric flush and shower and is air conditioned. The crew have separate accommodation.
Boating and water sport activities include an inflatable boat tender with 60 HP outboard engine, floating mattresses and a sailing dinghy, trolling fishing rods, snorkeling gear, kneeboard, wakeboard, two single kayaks, a towable water tube, a Stand Up Paddle Board, water skis, scuba diving equipment and air compressor
Lagoon 56 ft Sailing Catamaran in the Bahama Islands
This modern cruising catamaran is available for private crewed boat charters in the Bahamas with Clapotis-Mer Yacht Holiday specialists.
This luxury yacht offers private parties a first-class sailing holiday for up to 8 guests in the Bahamas and the British Virgin Islands and the Leewards islands of the Caribbean and Panama’s top sailing destination. Our complete yacht charter holiday packages include the services of two crew (Captain and Cook/Hostess), full board (3 meals a day per person), soft drinks, mooring fees, fuel, bed linen and bath towels, the use of water sports on board, fishing and snorkeling activities.
The yacht will be based in the Bahama islands from April to the end of August. You will set sail from Nassau for a discovery trip around the most attractive places to visit in the Bahamas. We then expect her to be either in the British Virgin islands, based in Saint Martin, St.Barts and Anguilla or the Bocas del Toro Islands through September.
This lovely sailing catamaran has large outdoor living spaces. There is a seating area in the flybridge where you can relax and enjoy the view of the Bahama islands from the boat under the shade of a canopy. You can have tasty Bahamas and Caribbean dishes and relax on a sofa in the aft cockpit lounge area. You will find sunbathing mats and plush sofas on the foredeck trampolines.
On-board entertainment and amenities include a LCD TV in the saloon and main cabin and WiFi internet connection, as well as BBQ on deck.
The yacht accommodates eight guests in four double cabins each fitted with a queen size bed. The crew have a separate cabin with bathroom and shower facilities.
Water sports and boating activities include a dinghy with 50 HP outboard engine, two Stand Up Paddle Boards, two one-person kayaks, a wakeboard, snorkeling gear, deep sea fishing rods and reels, sea scooters. The yacht offers Rendezvous diving only and this is separately chargeable.
Voyage 50 ft Sailing Catamaran
Choose this fully equipped sailing catamaran from Clapotis-Mer yachting holidays specialists for an exciting crewed boat charter in the Bahamas.
The yacht is based at Stocking Island off Georgetown on Great Exuma Island in the Bahamas. The taxi driver will pick you up from Georgetown airport and the crew will meet you at Elizabeth Harbour where your Voyage catamaran will be anchored. A typical yacht charter itinerary in the Exuma islands region of the Bahamas includes the Blue Holes and Lee Stocking, heading on to Glass Cay, White Bay Cay and Square Rock Cay.
The boat was totally refitted in 2018 and has been further updated for the 2019 season.
You can sunbathe on the foredeck trampolines, enjoy the view of the Bahama islands from the boat, swim from the transom platform and then take a fresh water shower. The cushioned aft cockpit is the ideal area to relax and enjoy a tasty Bahamian dinner after sunset.
The interior is well ventilated by the natural air circulation provided by the Caribbean trade winds and aided by electric fans if required. The saloon is light and airy and has comfortable upholstery. Onboard amenities include TV series distant shores, fusion radio, high speed Wi-Fi, stereo system and an iPod. There is a water maker and an ice maker.
The yacht accommodates seven guests. The three double cabins each have a queen size bed, en suite bathroom with shower and an electric flush toilet. The mid-ship cabin has a single bed and shares facilities with the fore cabin. The crew of two have separate quarters.
Boating activities and water sports include an inflatable dinghy boat with with 30 HP outboard engine, snorkeling gear, spinning and trolling fishing rods and two kayaks.