Crewed yacht charter sailing in the Caribbean Islands
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer all-inclusive private yacht charter holidays sailing around the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean on board luxury, fully equipped and crewed cruising catamarans, sailing yachts and schooners.
Our complete boat charter holiday packages in the Caribbean include the services of the crew, full board meals, standard ship’s bar, cruising permits and the use of water sports available on board.
The Lesser Antilles is a long arc of small islands in the Eastern Caribbean that stretches in a north-south direction from the Virgin Islands to Grenada. The Western Caribbean islands lie off the Bay of Honduras and Belize’s coast in Central America.
Some of the most popular sailing areas in the northern Caribbean Leeward islands are the U.S and the British Virgin Islands, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, Saint-Barthelemy (known as Saint Barts) and Anguilla. You can also choose to sail around St Vincent and the Grenadines in the southern Caribbean Windward Islands.
You’ll find a wide choice of sailing locations when planning your crewed yacht charter in the Caribbean.
Exclusive All – Inclusive Yacht Charter in the U.S and the British Virgin Islands
The British Virgin Islands are among the most popular fun yacht charter destinations in the Caribbean. Road Town together with other marinas on Tortola island and Yacht Haven Grande on St Thomas are famous holiday seaside towns. They are the usual ports of departure for yachts planning on a sailing trip around these islands:
· Cane Garden Bay in the north of Tortola Island is a favoured anchorage either at the beginning or end of your charter in the British Virgin Islands.
· After a short sail across the Sir Francis Drake Channel, you can go snorkelling in the marine parks off The Indians and Pelican Island and Norman Island, and watch the abundant marine life.
· Jost Van Dyke is one of the smallest British Virgin Islands. Great Harbour and nearby White Bay are sheltered yacht anchorages and home to beautiful sandy beaches with crystal clear waters and incredible snorkeling. These yachting resorts are popular for their lively Caribbean beach bars and restaurants. You can also sail to the northeast of the island for a swim in natural sea foam at Bubbly Pool.
· The wreck of the Rhone lies off the coast of Salt Island in the British Virgin Islands. You can swim at Cistern Point, a stunning snorkeling site on the west coast of Cooper Island.
· Peter Island has some of the best water sports in the British Virgin islands.
· North Sound on Virgin Gorda is one of the most beautiful cruising areas in the British Virgin islands. The Baths are a protected National Park that make Virgin Gorda one of the most enjoyable sailing holiday locations in the British Virgin Islands. Here you can swim in tide pools and explore grottoes.
· The Dog Islands are a cluster of three small islets with national parks.
· Weather permitting you’ll normally want to start your voyage to Anegada in the north east of the British Virgin Islands early in the morning. Here you can see flamingos, rock iguanas and rare plant species such as sea lavender. Anegada is known for its long stretches of beautiful white sand beaches and the Horseshoe Reef, the largest barrier coral reef in the Caribbean. This helps make it an ideal water sports location for snorkelling or shipwreck diving.
· Sail to Trunk Bay where you can visit the Virgin Islands National Park and swim in the crystal clear waters of the most beautiful beaches on Saint John island.
Crewed Yacht Charter Holidays in the Spanish Virgin Islands
The Spanish (or Puerto Rican) Virgin Islands (also called the Passage Islands) lie just a few miles off the east of Puerto Rico and the main islands are Culebra and Vieques along with numerous outlying islands of the Culebra wildlife reserve.
· San Juan is Puerto Rico’s historical capital and port and Puerto del Rey in Fajardo has one of the largest marinas in the Caribbean. These are fashionable and well-positioned yacht charter locations in the Caribbean for yachts heading to the Spanish Virgin Islands. A week’s charter can start from St. Thomas to sail into the Spanish Virgin Islands, through Saint John one of the United States Virgin Islands, while leaving from Tortola you will cruise around the British Virgin Islands.
· The Spanish Virgin Islands are still little explored and offer fantastic island hopping holidays in the Passage Islands with plenty of secluded anchorages. Puerto Rico has a unique mix of Spanish and Caribbean cultures. Puerto Ricans are known as friendly people.
· Culebra is an unspoiled island that lies off the east of Puerto Rico. It is a peaceful sailing destination away from the crowds. Flamenco Beach is quite outstanding and renowned as being one of the ten top beaches in the Caribbean. Visit Carlos Rosario Beach and snorkel in the shallow coral reefs then sail on to Culebrita island and anchor off Playa Tortuga (Turtle Beach). Culebrita is a small uninhabited island and part of the Culebra National Wildlife Refuge. It is a nature reserve and is also home to one of the oldest lighthouses in the Caribbean. These are beautiful sailing holiday locations in the Caribbean where you can watch a huge variety of different birds and turtles. Close by is Caya Ballena where you can swim, snorkel or dive in the crystal clear lagoons and tidal pools.
· Vieques is a quiet, lush, uncrowded Caribbean island with natural beauty. Cruise to Mosquito Bay on Vieques island, Puerto Rico to see the largest and brightest bioluminescent bay in the World. You can go snorkelling at Blue Beach, a beautiful, secluded beach with lots of tropical fish and visit Fort Conde de Mirasol ( Fortín Conde de Mirasol ) that was built between 1845 and 1855 in the town of Isabel Segunda. The beach town of Esperanza has a charming waterfront. La Cordillera Nature Reserve (Reserva Natural La Cordillera) lies off the coast of Fajardo Puerto Rico and has many enchanting little Caribbean islands to explore by boat. You can anchor off the beautiful beach on Palomino island to enjoy a scenic view of el Yunque National Rainforest on Puerto Rico island.
Crewed Yacht Charter in Saint Martin, Saint-Barthélemy (St.Barts) and Anguilla
This yacht charter holiday adventure offers a mix of cultures and nearby sailing locations between Saint Martin and St Barts in the French West Indies, Sint Maarten on the Dutch side and Anguilla an English speaking Caribbean island just a few miles to the north of Saint Martin:
· The small island of Tintamarre is off the French side of Saint Martin. Here you can snorkel in the protected marine reserve then sail back to Marigot, a little port village, for the night.
. Grand Case is a charming seaside holiday village on the north coast of Saint Martin which is known for its gourmet cuisine. Grand Case has a long sandy beach with restaurants, beach bars and beautiful views of Anguilla.
· Philipsburg on Dutch St. Maarten is a place where you can go on shopping or visit some of its many casinos and piano bars.
· The island of Saint Barthélemy is famous as a Caribbean sailing holiday destination. Anchor at Gustavia Harbour to go to the exclusive boutiques for shopping or relax on an isolated beach. In the evening get ready for the nightlife of St Barts ‘the St. Tropez of the Caribbean’.
· Anse de Colombier is a quiet yacht anchorage where you can snorkel, waterski or kayak.
· The small Caribbean island of île Fourchue is a nature reserve off the north west coast of Saint-Barthélemy where you can swim with sea turtles. Every year, in Spring you can see humpback whales migrating south.
· Anguilla is an unspoilt Caribbean island with charming villages and long stretches of powdery white sand beaches. Drop anchor in Road Town, the main port, where for centuries master craftsmen have built local skiffs and trading boats. Snorkel in the marine conservation area at Flat Cap Point. Watch the pelicans dive at sunset.
· The Prickly Pear Cays and Seal Island are a short sail away. They are wonderful sailing charter locations with crystal clear water and colourful coral reefs.
All Inclusive Sailing Holidays in the Grenadines
The Grenadines in the Southern Caribbean are a famous sailing holiday destination and home to crystal-clear waters, white sand beaches, and sea turtles. Your yacht charter itinerary can include St. Vincent, the Grenadines and Grenada:
· Bequia is a good starting point for your sailing trip. Here you can walk around Port Elizabeth, take a tour to the top of Mount Pleasant or visit the turtle sanctuary.
· Mustique is an island of celebrities. Moor your yacht to a buoy in Britannia Bay next to the landing jetty and then visit the luxury shops onshore.
· The Tobago Cays in the Southern Grenadines comprise five, small uninhabited islands, extensive coral reefs and cays: Petit Rameau, Petit Bateau, Baradal, Petit Tabac and Jamesby. The Tobago Cays Marine Park is a long sand bottom lagoon and a haven for marine life including a great number of tropical fish species. It is an ideal shelter for yachts and has outstanding snorkeling.
· Mayreau is the smallest inhabited island of the Grenadines. Salt Whistle Bay is a popular sailing area with water sport activities and a beautiful anchorage with several beach bars and mooring buoys for visiting yachts.
· Union Island’s mountains are a short sail away. Clifton Harbour is a large bay that provides a natural and popular anchorage for charter yachts. Clifton town has a charming market, plenty of boutiques, bars and restaurants. Chatham Bay is a secluded and pretty bay with a sandy beach on the west coast of Union Island. You can hike to the tallest peak of Mount Taboi.
· At Petit St. Vincent you can hike to the top of Marni Hill with its spectacular views of the neighbouring Grenadines islands.
· Carriacou offers white sand and quiet beaches to explore.
· Sail around St George and stopover at Grand Anse Beach a popular stretch of soft, white sand beach situated on the southwest coast of Grenada. You can stop at Port Louis Marina, hike through the Grand Etang Rainforest and swim in the clear waters of St. Margaret’s Falls.
Clapotis-Mer, a sailing holiday specialist, offers a wide selection of crewed sail or power catamarans for all inclusive exclusive yacht charters in the Caribbean islands.
On board accommodation varies from six to twenty guests depending on the yacht and the cruising area in the Caribbean. Tasty Caribbean cuisine is cooked and served on board.
Voyage 58 ft Sailing Catamarans
Clapotis-Mer cruise specialists offer a variety of fully equipped and crewed Voyage catamarans for all inclusive, exclusive yacht charter holidays sailing from Tortola around the British Virgin islands.
The six cabin 58 ft Voyage catamarans can accommodate up to twelve guests in six cabins; one has a king size bed, four have queen-size beds and two have double size beds.
One of these catamarans cruises from St.Thomas to the American and British Virgin Islands. This yacht offers onboard accommodation for ten guests in five double cabins; one has a king size bed and four have queen size beds. All cabins have en suite facilities and electric flush.
These are fully air conditioned and comfortable cruising yachts. Their saloons have large screened windows and feature an upholstered settee and a bar seating area. The saloons and cabins all have a TV with DVD player. Wifi access is available on board.
Water sports and boating activities include a tender with a 70 HP outboard engine, a Stand Up Paddle Board, double kayak, wake board, knee board, water skis, water towable tubes and floating mattresses nest floats.
Royal Cape 53 ft Sailing Catamarans
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer affordable all inclusive private yacht charters aboard a range of fully equipped and crewed Royal Cape 53 ft catamarans.
A private group of up to six guests can sail on board one of these cruising yachts and you can choose whether to sail.
To the American and British Virgin Islands from either St. Thomas or Tortola or.
From the ports of Fajardo and San Juan in Puerto Rico to the Spanish Virgin Islands. The sailing itinerary includes Culebra and Vieques islands and the small, uninhabited islands in La Cordillera Nature Reserve. When visiting Puerto Rico you can take a tour to Old San Juan and, if time permits, a walk in the El Yunque National Rainforest and to the waterfalls. You’ll find plenty of other exciting ways to discover Puerto Rico’s lovely areas by boat.
The yachts are comprehensively equipped for comfortable sailing holidays. There’s an ample fore-deck which is perfect for sunbathing and watching the Caribbean island approaches. There’s a shaded outdoor aft cockpit where you can chill out and dine.
The interiors are fully air conditioned and decorated with clear wood finishes. Cosy saloon seating areas have a LCD TV and sound music systems. Depending on the boat there’s spacious and comfortable onboard accommodation for up to six, eight or ten guests in three or four to five double cabins with either king or queen size beds. All cabins have ensuite bathroom and shower facilities with electric flush toilets. The crew have their own quarters.
Boating and water sport activities include an inflatable boat tender with either a 30 or 70 HP outboard engine, a variety of fishing rods and tackle, snorkeling gear, kayaks, Stand up Paddle Boards and towable water tubes.
Robertson and Caine 58 ft Sailing Catamaran
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer all inclusive, exclusive yacht charters aboard this fully equipped and crewed catamaran. You can choose whether to start your cruise from St Martin and sail in the areas of St. Barts and Anguilla or from St Thomas and visit the British Virgin Islands. Both offer excellent sail cruising.
This is a very attractive yacht. Her flybridge has a wet bar, BBQ grill and plenty of outdoor space to relax and enjoy the beautiful views while cruising around the Caribbean islands. You can sunbathe on the catamaran’s trampoline foredeck which is also a great place to observe the Caribbean seashore as you sail towards one of the many sheltered anchorages.
The well arranged and roomy main lounge’s on-board entertainment includes TV with stereo music player and iPod/device hook-ups. WiFi internet connection is available. There are refrigerators, an ice maker and a water maker. Dinner will normally be served on the elegantly lighted aft deck area after sunset.
The comfortable on-board accommodation for ten guests consists of five double cabins all fitted out with queen size beds, en-suite bathroom and shower facilities and electric flush toilets. The crew have a separate cabin and bathroom.
The yacht carries a wide range of water sports and boating activities including a dinghy with 70 HP outboard engine, water skis, snorkeling gear, towable water tube, two seat kayaks, a sailing dinghy, two Stand Up Paddle Boards, light tackle fishing rods and deep sea fishing, floating mattresses, an Aqua Lily Pad and beach games. The yacht offers Rendez- vous diving only. You can swim from the transom and then enjoy a freshwater shower.
Privilege 65 ft Sailing Catamaran in the Grenadines
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer all inclusive private yacht charters with full service aboard this fully equipped and crewed sailing catamaran. You’ll normally set sail to the Grenadine islands from Grenada in the Caribbean.
The yacht has recently been completely renovated and offers very high standards of equipment and accommodation. The ample foredeck is fitted out with sun mattresses where you can relax and enjoy the views as the yacht sails around the Caribbean islands. The crew serve tasty meals in the cockpit dining area and there’s an electric BBQ grill at the boat’s stern for outdoor dinner parties.
The interior has air conditioning and fine wooden furniture. The cosy main lounge features a seating area with couches and a bar. On-board amenities include TV with new Bluetooth stereo and on board internet WiFi, a washing machine and a refrigerator ice maker.
There’s comfortable accommodation for ten guests in five spacious cabins. Four have queen-size beds and the Master cabin has a king-size bed, stereo with CD player and iPod dock. All cabins have en-suite bathroom facilities with electric flush and shower as well as a settee, writing desk, hairdryer, electric ventilation and air conditioning. There are two separate crew cabins in the bow.
Boating and aquatic activities include an inflatable boat tender with 60 HP outboard engine, water skis, snorkeling gear, kneeboard, wakeboard, boogie board, inflatable 3 seater banana boat and 3 seater floating sofa, four towable water tubes, two Stand Up Paddle Boards, five big game fishing rods and two standard fishing rods all with lures. You can swim and dive from the transom steps and take a shower with fresh water.
Simonis 58 ft Sailing Catamaran
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer affordable luxury all inclusive boat charter holidays in the British Virgin islands and the Spanish Virgin Islands aboard this fully crewed and equipped sailing catamaran.
This fun cruising yacht is based in St Thomas and she can accommodate up to ten guests for a full board adventure yacht charter to the American and British Virgin Islands. A private group of six guests can charter this catamaran yacht to sail to the Spanish Virgin Islands.
The outdoor living areas include a large relaxing space on the foredeck and a padded dining area in the aft cockpit. The boat’s interior is fully air conditioned and pleasantly arranged. The spacious saloon features a soft cushioned sofa next to the bar area.
On board accommodation consists of five double cabins fitted with queen-size beds. Each has en suite shower and bathroom facilities and flush switches. Toiletries are provided. There is a TV with playstation DVD player and sound system in the main lounge and each cabin. WiFi internet is available on board.
On board water sports and boating activities include a tender with a 70 HP outboard engine, fishing rods, reels and tackle, snorkeling gear, a Stand Up Paddle Board, double kayaks, wake board, water skis, tube rings and floating mattresses
Leopard 58 ft Sailing Catamaran
Clapotis-Mer yachting holiday specialists offer affordable private crewed yacht charters in the Caribbean islands aboard this fully equipped cruising catamaran. Start an amazing holiday adventure in Autumn, Winter or Spring by sailing from St Martin to visit St. Barts and Anguilla or from Tortola to sail in the British Virgin Islands. You can also choose to cruise to the Grenadines in the Windward Islands from Saint Vincent between July and October.
This is an almost new yacht with large teak deck areas. The flybridge forms a comfortable outdoor lounge area with plenty of room. It is on the upper part of the boat and here you can relax and enjoy the scenic approaches to the Caribbean islands. You can sunbathe on the foredeck trampoline, swim and dive from the transom platform and then enjoy a refreshing fresh water shower. After sunset you can dine in the well arranged aft cockpit area and enjoy Caribbean and international food freshly prepared on board by the cook.
The interior is cheerful and fully air conditioned. The cosy saloon has a cushioned dining and seating area. On-board entertainment and amenities include TV with stereo and iPod devices, WiFi internet connection and 220v outlets. There is refrigeration and a water maker.
The yacht accommodates eight guests in four double cabins each fitted with a queen size bed. One of them can be converted to a twin cabin by (reversibly) changing the double bed into two single beds. The Master Suite has a private balcony with teak floor and desk area. It allows the use of a single inflatable bed on a family yacht charter. All guest cabins have a TV, a storage compartment, en suite bathroom and shower facilities. The crew have a separate cabin and washing/ showering facilities.
Water sports and boating activities include a dinghy with 60 HP outboard engine, water skis, snorkeling gear, two seater glass bottom kayaks, a sailing dinghy, two Stand Up Paddle Boards, several tackle fishing rods, wakeboard, knee board and water noodles.